100,000 quake-hit houses to be reconstructed by mid-Feb

Setopati files

The National Reconstruction Authority (NRA) has said as many as 100,000 houses damaged by 2015 earthquake would be reconstructed by this mid-February.

NRA Chief Executive Officer Yubaraj Bhushal informed that by that time number of houses being reconstructed would reach 450,000. Efforts are underway to ensure permanent shelter to 60 percent of the earthquake affected ones by coming monsoon.

During an interaction organized by Reporters’ Club here Sunday, NRA CEO Bhusal further said, “So far, 95,000 houses have been reconstructed, while 284,000 are under construction. The engineers have been mobilized in five different groups in the 14 districts which suffered most in the earthquake. After they are provided allowance, they are encouraged for working.”

According to him, those mobilized in hard hit district are provided Rs 58,000 and those in convenient districts Rs 42,000 every month.

The engineers have been working in 1,186 wards of 131 local levels in 14 districts. Similarly, 21,000 have been given training in these districts to prepare necessary human resources for the reconstruction of the houses.

In 18 districts which witnessed partial damages, 5,000 people have been trained.

The reconstruction priority is given to the houses for senior citizen above 70 year of age, single women above 65 year of age, and under-16.



© 2017 Setopati Sanchar Pvt. Ltd.