Three die from consuming wild mushroom in Dang

Three people have died after consuming wild mushrooms in the past five days at Ghorahi Sub-metropolitan City-19 in Dang.

Chitra Bahadur Gharti, 40, of Panchpokhari, who was seriously taken ill after consuming curry made of mushroom harvested from the nearby jungle on Monday night, was rushed to the Ghorahi-based Rapti Sub Regional Hospital.

The hospital referred him to the Kohalpur Medical College in Banke where he died amidst the treatment, police said.

Local Balaram Gharti, 19, of the same locality died due to the consumption of poisonous mushroom on Sunday, the District Police Office said.

Earlier on Friday, Prashansa Gharti, five, of the same locality died due to the same cause, as stated by DPO chief, Durga Singh. Half a dozen locals who fell sick by eating wild mushroom are undergoing treatment in Banke.



© 2017 Setopati Sanchar Pvt. Ltd.